Hello Again!!!

July 18, 2017.....Tuesday

Wow, can you believe this weather!! What winter?? Bad??? Wha??

Anyway, had my appointment with the radiation oncologist today, Dr Terry Stucklass. She was fabulous, exactly what I want in a doctor. A great communicator, explained things, options thoroughly, straight to the point, and a genuinely nice person. The Coles Notes version of the meeting is that I am going to have 5 straight days of intensive radiation. One week to rest up, then surgery is booked ( as of now) for August 16th.  I have to have a CT scan within the next 5 days to pinpoint where I will exactly receive the radiation. I will be tatooed and those markings will be used for each session. She confirmed that this is Stage Three cancer, which I already knew. Hopefully when the nodes are removed during surgery and sent to pathology, it will remain Three. She did say that on my prior CT Scan and MRI cancer was not not detected in other areas. She said our goal here is cure but that I will have to be followed very closely in the future. This Monday I am scheduled to meet with the medical oncologist ( Chemo ), however this may be cancelled and he will meet with me 4 weeks after surgery and the pathology reports are in.
I am glad that something is finally starting to happen. Again, as of now, I am feeling great.
Thanks for all your support!
John

Comments

  1. Lots of positivity ,and direct f'n hits on your tattoos ❤️❤️❤️❤️Love and prayers Maureen and Rod ( Scotland )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Been a While!!!

June 23, 2017 Two Weeks In

N E W S ! ! !