Hello Again

Sorry to take so long between posts but there hasn't been anything to report. Things are moving too slowly for my liking but I have to be patient.

Anyway, yesterday I had another colonoscophy. This was done by the surgeon, Chris Smith, he is a nice guy and instills confidence in me. He talked to Sharon and I after and indicated that this is a very complicated surgery, very serious indeed, but he believes it is doable. During the surgery he may have to change plan as he sees fit, this could include the possibility of a colostomy. At this point, whatever it takes I am willing to do. He is hoping that he can avoid this as it is such a change to lifestyle. I am eager to get this heavy surgery done so I can begin the process of recovery but right now I don't know when it could be. If radiation is not recommended, it could be within two weeks.

Sharon has been a great advocate for me, calling the Bliss Center until today she was able to get the appointment with the radiation oncologist moved from August 2nd to July 18th ( Tues ) and an appointment with the medical oncologist ( chemo ) on July 24th.

Meanwhile, for me, life goes on. Adrienne and Jennifer are super supportive, and I know how hard it is on them too. Sharon and I are just carrying on as normal. I am still very calm and very seldom do I even think about it. As Buddy Wasisname said "I put it out of me mind"....lol !

Again, I am overwhelmed by your kindness and thoughtful actions. I always knew what a great family and great friends I had but in a time like this it is demonstrated day after day. Thank you all again dear friends.

I love you all

John

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been a While!!!

June 23, 2017 Two Weeks In

N E W S ! ! !