In the Twtlight Zone


Monday, August 14th

Surgery took approximately 7 1/2 hours, 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.  My colon was removed and my spleen was ruptured and thus had to be removed as well. This caused me to have two blood transfusions during surgery.  Spent 2 days in Special Care recovering.  I experienced a major problem with nausea and vomiting after surgery.

I was diagnosed as well with a urinary tract infection.  On top of this I had very little appetite. I ended up not eating for about 6 days.


Released from hospital Friday August 25th... 12 days after my surgery.  No appetite, no vomiting, extremely weak.  Saw family doctor Wednesday, August 30th.   Friday September 1st. pre-admission visit to St. Clare's for chemotherapy port, blood work.  I was feeling very weak and had to be placed on a stretcher so the doctor arranged for a ct scan for me immediately.  Brought the surgeon to see me while waiting for results.  Turned out that I had an abscess that required drainage on my pelvic area.  This required that I be re-admitted to hospital Friday night September 1st. and I went to the OR at 8:00 pm.  As a result of this I remained in hospital again until Wednesday, September 6th.  

Soooo......not feeling great!

This is is very brief, I will try to add some meat to these bones this week.

Thank you for all your support

John





Comments

  1. Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead you two! We are behind you %100!
    Pam & Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you John. Hope you get your appetite back soon and will start feeling better. Thinking about you.

    Linda and Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relieved to hear you are doing ok despite all the setbacks. Thinking of you often, John. Hope that your appetite returns and you start feeling better! Line xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Been a While!!!

June 23, 2017 Two Weeks In

N E W S ! ! !